*** I want to start out by saying, I am NOT a dermatologist. Please consult a doctor for any changes or issues you are having. These products below are things I have found work for me, and my skin type.
I am VERY new to skincare products. It’s something I tried dabbling in back in early 2020, but ugh, that year ruined all hopes of consistency for me. I decided to try it out again earlier this year and it’s something that has really started to stick. I am getting to the point where I can tell a difference on the days I don’t wash my face.
My Only Tip
Even if you see all these products and you don’t think you want to incorporate all of them, I do highly suggest following one rule. Start with thinner consistency products and move into thicker consistency products. Applying your products this way will allow them to soak into your skin appropriately.
Process & Products
- Face wash – Tula Cult Classic Purifying Face Cleanser (This is the cleanser on the days I don’t shower, or on the days when I shower at night.)
- Face wash – Cetaphil Foaming Facial Cleanser (This is the cleanser I use on the mornings I take a shower. It’s just easier to wash my face in the shower on those days.)
- Toner – Thayers Alcohol Free Witch Hazel (Unscented)
- Serum – The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + H.A. Spheres 2%
- Eye Gel – Derma-E Ultra Hydrating Alkaline Eye Gel (This is my favorite product I use.)
- Moisturizer – Good Molecules Silicone-Free Priming Moisturizer (I use this only in the day time. I have a different product I use at night. I feel like this takes a minute to soak into my skin, which I don’t like at night. I LOVE the way it makes my skin look once it does, which is why I use it in the day time.)
- Sunscreen – Supergoop! Glowscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40 (Okay, this is also a favorite. I look so fresh and dewy when I use this.)
I know there are people who do a lot of oils and things but I wanted to get into a habit of actually doing my skincare routine so I didn’t want to go overboard. I’m sure I will eventually start adding more products into my routine, but I have yet to start exploring different oils and serums.
I’ll add my night routine soon, and that is a little more complicated because I don’t use all my products every day. I have ones I use on certain evenings.
What does your day skincare routine look like?
*** This post includes affiliate links. I receive a very small commission through any items you purchase using these links. The commission I earn allows me to continue making fun content.